It’s been a while since my last blog about AxonOps but we’re excited to announce that AxonOps beta is now available for you to download and install! The installation instructions are available from https://docs.axonops.com
AxonOps is an operational tool for your Apache Cassandra clusters – regardless of where they are deployed – cloud or on-premises. Please read my previous blog to for more detailed motivations and descriptions.
It has the following functionalities;
- Metrics collection and dashboards
- Log and events collection and dashboards
- Flexible service health checks
- Alert notifications with standard tools including PagerDuty, SMTP, Slack, and Generic Webhooks.
- Cassandra data backup and restore scheduler
- Fully automatic Cassandra repair
AxonOps does all of this with a very simple deployment model;
- One agent for logs, metrics, backup operations and repairs
- Single server and GUI service
- Elasticsearch as a data store
We have made this as simple as possible with our APT and YUM repositories and simple steps for installation. See https://docs.axonops.com/installation/axon-server/ubuntu/, https://docs.axonops.com/installation/axon-server/centos/
We are looking for some beta testers as we’d love to hear your feedback on AxonOps. We believe the implementation process is immensely quicker and easier than cobbling together multiple standard tools like Grafana, Prometheus, ELK, Nagios, etc, as AxonOps works out of the box with negligible amount of configurations to get going. All the charts and dashboards are laid out intuitively for managing Cassandra.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you are interested to learn more about the product.